Allen West

Lt. Col. Allen West will speak at Hillsdale College Sat­urday, March 11 in the Searle Center at 1 p.m.

Wiki­media Commons | Courtesy

Lt. Col. Allen West will speak at Hillsdale College — “unfil­tered,” Hillsdale Young Amer­icans for Freedom Pres­ident senior Frank Bruno said.

West, a guest of YAF, will speak Sat­urday, March 12 at 1 p.m. on “For the Love of God and Country” in the Searle Center.

“West did not plan to speak any­where this semester for YAF, but he was so excited to come to Hillsdale that he made an exception,” Hillsdale YAF Trustee sophomore English Hinton said.

West is a retired lieu­tenant colonel who served in Kuwait and Iraq. As a Repub­lican, he rep­re­sented Florida’s 22nd Dis­trict in the House of Rep­re­sen­ta­tives from 2011 to 2013. Cur­rently, West is a Fox News Channel con­tributor and CEO of the National Center for Policy Analysis.

“West is a strong Christian, and he also knows a lot about national defense, so he will focus on that knowledge and expe­rience in his speech,” Hinton said.

Nor­mally, YAF gives speakers general guide­lines to follow for their speech, but it made no require­ments for West.

“He knows Hillsdale College, and he will have com­plete control over his speech,” Bruno said.

So far, 150 non-stu­dents have RSVPed for his speech, according to Hinton.