Warrant issued for Hawkins after failing to appear at pre-trial hearings

Home City News Warrant issued for Hawkins after failing to appear at pre-trial hearings
Warrant issued for Hawkins after failing to  appear at pre-trial hearings

jasonhawkins

After failing to appear at pre-trial hearings in both district and circuit courts this week, police consider Jason Hawkins of Litchfield a fugitive. Warrants from both district and circuit courts have been issued for his arrest.

Hawkins faces several charges: assault with intent to do great bodily harm, assault with a dangerous weapon, and domestic violence in district court; possession of methamphetamines in circuit court. Hawkins has spent much of his adult life in prison. As a habitual offender, he could face up to life in prison, according to the Hillsdale Daily News.

Hawkins remains at large, and is considered dangerous. He was last reported to be staying in the Litchfield area, according to the Hillsdale Daily News. Any information on Hawkins’ whereabouts should be reported to the police.

Hawkins was arrested with his girlfriend Tera Krchmar for possession of methamphetamine on Jan. 6 by Hillsdale City Police at Krchmar’s home in Hillsdale Mobile Village. Both have since appeared in court, and are now out on bond: Krchmer remains in rehabilitation, Hawkins’ whereabouts are unknown.

“I did not know he was living there until the day they arrested him,” Hillsdale Mobile Village employee Jerry Gustley told the Collegian. “They came in with about five cop cars. He had a knife sheath on his side — the knife was not in it.”

According to Krchmar’s sister-in-law, Gerri Osmun, Krchmar’s life became difficult after her previous longtime boyfriend and father of her two children died allegedly of a heroin overdose last summer.

“Tera’s not had an easy life. She used to be really happy,” Osmun said. “She’s a good person. Just because she’s going through this doesn’t make her a bad person. She got caught up with this person after a bad experience.”

According to Osmun, Krchmar moved in at Hillsdale Mobile Village after meeting Hawkins during rehabilitation at Hope House Community Prevention and Treatment Services last summer.

“When they first moved in, we talked with her parents. I told her that if she needed anything, just to let me know,” Tina Lindsey, Krchmer’s next-door neighbor told the Collegian. “She kind of locked herself away. Honestly, I didn’t know they were doing what they were doing.”

While Krchmer and Hawkins did not interact much with their neighbors, they did often have company.

According to another neighbor Beverly Willardo, Krchmer’s family was very supportive and came often to visit, helping her remodel her home.

“The parents, her family — they were exceptional,” Willardo said. “We’ve seen the rages she had with them. I can’t believe the hell those people went through.”

“My heart breaks for her family,” Willardo added, with tears in her eyes. “I know what they’re going through. I lost my own great grandchildren to drugs. I know what it’s like.”