Enactus is teaming up with Ad-Liberty Improv Club to bring Hillsdale a com­pe­tition from the cross­roads of entre­pre­neurship and impro­vi­sation.

The com­pe­tition will be at 7 p.m. on Oct. 28 in Phillips Audi­torium. Enactus is selling tickets for $3 in Grewcock Student Union at lunch before the event and $4 at the door.

The com­pe­tition, hosted by senior Alex Buchmann of Ad-Liberty, will feature six con­tes­tants making a sales pitch for a ran­domly chosen fake product. The clubs will provide each con­testant with a slideshow to ref­erence while making a pitch to the audience and four faculty judges.

“There’s a lot of cre­ativity involved, but there’s a lot of sales­manship too,” Enactus Pres­ident Nicholas Brown said.

The contest does not permit par­tic­i­pants to view the slideshow or know about the product they will try to sell before stepping on stage. Judges will evaluate pitches based on business ter­mi­nology, con­fi­dence, cohe­siveness, and enter­tainment value.

Enactus Vice Pres­ident Abraham Ourth described it as a mixture of ‘Shark Tank’ and ‘American Idol.’

Brown said he came up with the idea after seeing a similar event at a con­ference several years ago.

Enactus lead­ership said it hopes the com­pe­tition will become an annual event that intro­duces stu­dents to Enactus in an enter­taining and edu­ca­tional way.