Fair begins next week

Home News Fair begins next week
Fair begins next week

The 165th annual Hillsdale County Fair, one of the biggest events in Hillsdale, will take place at the Hillsdale Fairground from Sept. 27 to Oct. 3.

On the first day of the fair, Sunday, Sept. 27, rides and exhibits will open at 1 p.m. as usual. At 7 p.m., Your Generation in Concert, a live multimedia spectacular celebrating the greatest American and British pop and rock hits from the 1960’s through today will give a concert featuring by Fifty Amp Fuse in the Grandstand.

Moreover, The Hillsdale County Fair Board is preparing Veteran’s Day Parade from the Midtown Lot starting at 10 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 28 as the day is called ‘Veterans & Children’s Day.’ Also, Antique Tractor Pulls will begin at 6 p.m. on that day in the Grandstand as a free event.

On Tuesday, Sept. 29, there will be National Heavyweight Horse Pulls starting at 9 a.m. and International Demolition Derby in the Grandstand at 7 p.m.

Trace Adkins, a country singer who is invited to the fair this year, will perform his country concert in the Grandstand at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 30. Also, Dairy Night & Market Feeder Calf Auction will be held in Expo Building at 6 p.m. on the same day.

The gate admission for a carload will be $10 as Carload Special on Thursday, Oct. 1. Youth Department Small Animal Sale will begin at 6 p.m. in Expo Building and Modified, Super Farm & Truck Pulls will take place in the Grandstand at 7 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 2 is ‘Senior Citizens Day’ as it is called, but also a ‘pulling’ day. Pulling events such as Farm Tractor Pulls Draft Horse Pull will begin at 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. respectively.

On the last day of the fair, Saturday, Oct. 3, Miniature Pony Pull will begin at 9:00 a.m. and Youth Department Large Animal Sale will take place in Expo Building at 10:00 a.m. For the last big event of the fair, there will be Shake, Rattle & Roll – Truck Pulls at 5 p.m. in the Grandstand.