If you venture to Hayden Park tomorrow evening, you will catch a glimpse of bleeding corpses walking upright, ter­ri­fying mon­sters hiding in the trees, and runners trying to escape the madness.

Planned and designed by the   Hillsdale Campus Rec Board headed by Kevin Foeman, the Zombie Run debuts tomorrow at 5:30 p.m. for Hillsdale stu­dents and area res­i­dents.

“We’ve never done this before, but we’re really excited for it,” said Foeman, assistant director of recre­ational sports.

The run is three kilo­meters, which is slightly under two miles. Each runner will have a set of flags, which indicate whether or not they’ve been ‘bitten’ by a zombie. If the runners finish with flags still on, they sur­vived the run. After runners com­plete the race, they can return to the course as a zombie and try to ‘infect’ runners still wearing flags.

The run is free of charge for all, but only college stu­dents and staff can win prizes.

The board encourages runners to dress in Hal­loween cos­tumes.

The award for best costume for runners and zombies is a $20 gift card to the Pre­miere Movie Theatre in Hillsdale, and the first 100 fin­ishers still wearing flags win t‑shirts.

“I’m most excited to see the cos­tumes,” said Isaac Dell,  a board member.

After the Zombie Run, pic­tures of the best cos­tumes will be posted on the rec board’s bul­letin board among news about intra­mural games.

“Hon­estly, if you have a great costume, we will rec­ognize you,” said Eleanor Fina, another board member.

The staff has dec­o­rated the runners’ route in Hayden Park with Hal­loween-themed dec­o­ra­tions, with hopes to scare the runners as they try to escape from the zombies.

“We’re trying to make this as real­istic as pos­sible, but we also want to make sure it’s safe,” Fina said.

The board is excited to see the race. Being the first run, they’ve worked hard this week to ensure that the event will be a success.

“We probably have about 40 fake bodies, fake blood, spider webs, things like that,” Foeman said about the dec­o­ra­tions.

Throughout the week, the board is jug­gling flag football games and setting up for the race.

Fin­ishers can enjoy water and candy pro­vided by the staff, who encourage runners to come work out before eating Hal­loween candy later that night.

“We’re giving people a chance to be healthy before Hal­loween,” Fina said.