Shotgun places in top ten among 50 schools

Home Sports Shotgun places in top ten among 50 schools

The Hillsdale College Shotgun Team sprayed across the leader board during their first shoot the weekend before last, at the Michigan Fall Team Shoot.

Multiple Hillsdale students finished in the top ten, and junior Joe Kain led the pack with a winning score of 99 in the Handicap Championship. Kain also shot a 98 in the singles event earning him another top 10 finish.  Other notables were Kie Kababik, a freshmen who also shot a 98 in the singles, and Anna Pfaff who shot a personal best in singles killing 95 out of 100 clay pigeons.

The team shot accurately enough to earn a top 10 finish out of the more than 50 other teams competing.  The freshman class, consisting of Kie Kababik, Casey Inks,  Jordan Hintz, Kyle Luttig, and Michael Ammerman, is rumored to be the strongest entering class in the program’s history.  At the first shoot, every freshman scored over 95 in their events.

“The team is growing stronger in all different events, including sporting clays and the international games,” Kain said.  “This is our second year in division II and I think the team is more than well prepared to win a second National Championship for the College.”

The shotgun team’s road to Nationals culminates in April, but the team’s focus is on their next shoot at Purdue.  They will compete against Purdue University, University of Kentucky, and University of Missouri this weekend.  Results can be found on trapshooters.com following the event.