The Wil­low­brook Emporium was added to Hillsdale’s downtown in July. The owners, Robert and Susan Cline, spent two months ren­o­vating the store’s interior before opening the flooring outlet and antique shop at 92 North Broad Street.

The Wil­low­brook Emporium is a satellite location for its original store­front in Cold­water, Mich., which has offered flooring and dec­o­rating options for both newer and older homes for more than 25 years.

What is unique about the new location, however, is its antique shop, which occupies the left side of the store.

Antiques have been Robert’s passion for more than 30 years, and after a life full of col­lecting, he is finally able to share his passion.

“I’m getting to the age where I want to start passing this on, and I want people to under­stand it,” he said.

Susan and Robert’s antiques come from a variety of states across the United States, such as Florida, Ken­tucky, Maryland, and Georgia.

From piles of once abundant “Depression plates,” made in mass pro­duction at minimal cost in the 1930s, to the impressive antique fur­niture which command attention at the front of the room, the store’s selection ranges from the tiniest trinkets to the undoubtedly robust.

For instance, towards the back of the room, perched non­cha­lantly on the wall, is a mounted zebra head, accom­panied by a few other eye-catching taxi­dermies. Another unique feature of the store’s col­lection can be found in the eerily iri­descent “Uranium glass,” at the far right. Made in the 1890s through the 1950s, these pieces glow with a faint green shine under the black-lights hov­ering at the top of their display cases.

“It’s stuff like this you don’t find anymore,” store manager Derrick Hime­baugh said.

Most antiques are Vic­torian-style orig­inals from the 1750s to the 1950s, and every one is hand selected by Robert and Susan to meet what Robert views to be the “quality that Hillsdale’s homes demand.”

The Wil­low­brook Emporium is open from 9 a.m‑5 p.m Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m‑1 p.m on Sat­urdays. It is closed on Sundays.