Two Hillsdale College jazz combos, “Rob Roy” and “Noodles and Co.,” will perform Dec. 8 at the Dawn Theater as part of the “Holiday Art Show and Wine & Cheese Tasting Event.”

The event runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and will feature four wines paired with four cheeses. Artists from the college and com­munity will submit around 50 works of art.

“It is a very classy, elegant theater that suits itself very well for this kind of event, and then pairing it with the art just seemed very com­pli­mentary,” Dawn Theater Manager Peggy Williams said. “It is a nice way to showcase local busi­nesses, local artists, and local musi­cians.”

Tickets are $12 in advance or $15 at the door, and stu­dents with a school I.D. can pur­chase tickets for $7.

“The Dawn Theater is a great venue for this kind of event,” junior Ian Andrews said. “The atmos­phere should lend itself really well to the classy, jazzy envi­ronment of a wine-tasting and art show. I’m excited to provide a sound­track for the kind of evening they have planned.”

Riesling cabernet wine will be paired with light cheddar, sauvignon with gouda, chenin blanc with goat cheese, and pinot noir with brie. Wine will be pro­vided by Dave’s Dolce Vita, and the full bar will be open.

“We enjoy opening up the doors to the com­munity so they can enjoy refreshment and the his­torical atmos­phere,” Dawn Theater co-owner Marcy Horton said. “We hope they see what the Dawn Theater is capable of, and maybe they’ll plan their own events there.”

“Rob Roy” will do a small tribute to Dave Brubeck, a famous jazz pianist and com­poser who died Dec. 5. They will also perform two original songs written by Hillsdale Teacher of Music Chris McCourry.

“Dave Brubeck was one of the greatest jazz artists ever,” senior Trent Meyer said. “One of our orig­inals is a tune based off a Tupac song, and the other is a blues tune based off the Hillsdale Alma Mater.”

“Noodles and Co.” will play for an hour, and then “Rob Roy will play for 60 to 90 minutes. Sophomore Carrie Blanton plays for Noodles and Co.

“We’re excited to get to play together one last time before the semester ends,” Blanton said. “Michelle Str­effon, our sax­o­phone player, and Spencer Amaral, our pianist, will not be here next semester, so it is kind of our last hurrah.”