Domestic Harmony is spreading around Christmas cheer and raising money on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1.

American 1 Credit Union has offered to donate $750 to Domestic Harmony if vol­un­teers on behalf of Domestic Harmony fill all the vol­unteer spots at the Hillsdale Women’s Expo.

The credit union is over­seeing the event, which is a gath­ering of many com­munity busi­nesses from hair care and shopping to health ser­vices.

Domestic Harmony is a home for women who have been abused. They have a crisis hotline as well as childcare for the women in the home.

Danica Carrier, a sophomore and the GOAL program leader for Domestic Harmony, is heading up the vol­unteer recruitment.

Carrier said there is a need for stu­dents on Friday, Nov. 30 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., as well as Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Stu­dents will be putting up signs, greeting people at the door, and entering vis­itors in the raffle.

It has yet to be decided what will be done with the raised money yet, Carrier said.

“I’m going to talk with vol­un­teers about some­thing we could donate to the shelter or help with,” Carrier said. “We’d like to bring Christmas cheer to the house.”

Carrier said they may buy buy presents for the children in the house and give the rest to employees of the shelter.

“They’ll know what to do with it best,” she said.

 — Amanda Tindall