On Tuesday, Oct. 30, the women’s vol­leyball team traveled to Northwood Uni­versity for their second game of the season against the Tim­ber­wolves and lost 0 – 3. The Tim­ber­wolves have yet to lose a game this season in the GLIAC.

In the game, the Chargers lost each set 18 – 25, 9 – 25, and 18 – 25. During the game, Wolfert had eight kills and seven digs. Lenhart delivered 14 assists and Linder had seven digs also.

Earlier in the week, the team added another game to their winning streak and also honored senior Lauren Grover at the start of Friday’s game.

Grover was honored for her hard work and ded­i­cation as a Charger during her col­le­giate career. An All – American, Grover started her freshman year and emerged as a pow­erful hitter in the GLIAC. Grover said it was a bit­ter­sweet moment after years of watching seniors go before her, but it was great having the team behind her that night.

“Most seniors tend to crack under the emotion of the night,” head coach Chris Gravel said. “However, Lauren used the energy of the night to her advantage.”

That night the Chargers faced off with Saginaw Valley State Uni­versity and won 3 – 0. The Chargers did not let up during the entire match and kept the Car­dinals below 19 points per set.

“We do our best to stay focused and keep our energy up during the game,” freshman Emily Wolfert said. “Fin­ishing in three has become a team men­tality and is some­thing we con­tinue to work on in practice.”

Grover led the team with three solo blocks and seven block assists. Freshman Emily Wolfert delivered nine kills, and sophomore Bailey Linder remained libero and had 25 digs.

“The fact that we started aggres­sively from the beginning allowed us to keep them down during the game,” Grover said.

Sat­urday, the Chargers wel­comed junior Lindsey Kostrzewa back onto the court and went 3 – 0 against the Lake Superior State Uni­versity Lakers. The Lakers did not score more than 17 points in a set.

“She (Kostrzewa) works so hard,” Grover said. “She really sym­bolizes our team since so many told her no and she kept trying to do her best. I admire her so much because of that.”

Kostrzewa has been helping out with coaching this season until she was given the clear to play again after an injury. Gravel said she brings energy to the team that keeps spirits up.

Grover led the team with eight kills and ended the game with a .700 hitting average. Wolfert also had eight kills. Junior Caitlin Kop­meyer had three service aces, seven kills, and 14 digs.

Junior Lenhart delivered 18 assists and sophomore Alexis Waugh con­tributed 13 assists and six digs. Linder con­tinued as libero and had a total of 12 digs.

“We just con­tinued to buckle down so that we can finish our games in three,” Wolfert said.

The Chargers will con­tinue to be on the road this weekend, as they travel to Northern Michigan Uni­versity on Friday, Nov. 2 and then to Michigan Tech­nical Uni­versity on Sat­urday, Nov. 3.