Hillsdale alumnus Aaron Veldheer is returning to the Hillsdale College campus Thursday to speak in SIFE’s Exec­utive Speaker Series on sports mar­keting and pro­fes­sional career paths.

“Finding that career that was right for me took a lot of work,” Veldheer said. “It’s divided into three parts — finding your path, cre­ating it, and owning it.”

Veldheer is the vice pres­ident of Media Part­ner­ships at Inter­sport, a pro­ducer of sports tele­vision, event mar­keting, and spon­sor­ships. Veldheer works on the business side of Inter­sport, over­seeing media part­ner­ships with ESPN, NBC, Fox, and CBS.

At Inter­sport he is involved in projects such as last year’s world-wide broad­casting of Duke University’s bas­ketball team playing in China. A doc­u­mentary of the event, as well as Duke’s team and coach, will be tele­vised April 1.

More recently, Inter­sport is filming two tele­vision shows. The first is about the NFL top draft picks and the second is about the final four NFL teams in con­junction with the 2012 Super Bowl.

Senior Lea Jones will be interning with Veldheer at Inter­sport this summer. The internship developed after a trip she took with Hillsdale’s Career Ser­vices called “Living and Working in Chicago.”

“I love the oppor­tunity to bring stu­dents together with alumni,” said Director of Career Ser­vices Joanna Wiseley.

Jones said she was excited about the opportunity.

“I think this internship will have a good impact on my future,” Jones said. “I would like to work in the sports mar­keting world and this is a great way to get real world experience.”

Jones is also point guard of the women’s bas­ketball team at Hillsdale and said she is glad to have that in common with Veldheer.

Likewise, Veldheer is excited to maintain a rela­tionship with Hillsdale College and its students.

“I’ve stayed pretty close [to Hillsdale College] over the past decade,” he said. “I’m a huge fan of Dr. Arnn, and I know Hillsdale pro­duces fan­tastic students.”

Veldheer majored in mar­keting and Spanish at Hillsdale College and was point guard of the Charger’s bas­ketball team during his four years of study. He went on to receive a master’s in Business Admin­is­tration from the Uni­versity of Chicago and a Juris Doctor from Michigan State University.

Between school and Inter­sport, Veldheer worked as a cor­porate attorney for the Investment Man­agement Division at Goldman Sachs in Chicago. He also worked at Miller Johnson, a law firm in Grand Rapids, Mich.

For those inter­ested in Hillsdale’s new sports mar­keting major, Veldheer will be giving a Q&A fol­lowing his speech, “Finding and Cre­ating Your Own Pro­fes­sional Path” which is at 12 p.m. in con­ference rooms A and B in the Dow Center.