Holy Trinity Parish will hold a Sacred Music concert Sunday Jan. 29 at 2 p.m. The attire is casual and the concert will last about an hour.

Robert Liv­ington, Hillsdale College’s Music Director of the Wind Sym­phony, and Gail Mowry, Holy Trinity’s music director and Hillsdale College Alumna (’04), are directing the concert.

Holy Trinity has per­formed Sacred Music con­certs for the past five years. Each year has fea­tured a dif­ferent theme, including Russian Eastern Orthodox church music and Piejesu.

The theme this year is the favorite sacred music songs of Liv­ingston and Mowry. The selec­tions include a variety of genres of music, including gospel and clas­sical, and types including slow and up-beat.

Mowry defines sacred music as any music written for the church, with scrip­tural text.

Holy Trinity’s Choir, com­munity members, college stu­dents and Hillsdale Academy stu­dents all take part in the choir. The choir has held prac­tices on Thursday nights for the past month.

Amanda Gehrke, a senior at Hillsdale Academy, sings both alto and tenor parts in the concert.

“It’s helped me learn about music because it is more dif­ficult than the Academy choir. It is a more mature sound,” Gehrke said.

The chapel, though older and smaller, was built with acoustics in mind, Mowry said.

“The music sounds so good because of the acoustics,” Mowry said. “It is music for the soul.”

The chapel seats 70 people, and for the past five years the chapel has been full.

“We will be done before the CCA!” Mowry said, encour­aging college stu­dents to attend the concert.

eepperson@hillsdale.edu